Background and Challenges
With the continuous expansion of enterprise network scale, the rapid growth of business volume, data centralization and business Internet become the trend. The data center has become the core of the enterprise IT infrastructure construction. In traditional data centers, all kinds of businesses occupy resources independently and have no resource mobility requirements. The internal traffic of the overall data center is mainly North-South. Therefore, each business network is isolated, self-contained, and cannot be reused based on physical partitioning. The network constructed in this way lacks scalability, and can only be replaced vertically, and it is difficult to extend horizontally. The system performance has bottlenecks and the resource utilization is low. The data center is mainly composed of three kinds of resources: computing, storage and network. How to realize the flexible matching of resources and business is the challenge that the data center of the cloud computing is facing.
From the network level, concretizing these challenges into demand is mainly based on the following points:
1. Non-block network, high scalability, unlimited expansion in theory, dynamic adjustment of topology and load
2. The virtual machine in the network can be transferred to the destination physical location without restriction.
3. It can support multiple businesses and multiple tenants, meeting the needs of flexible deployment of the business. We can build a secure business network on the same physical network freely.
4. Unified operation and maintenance, auto and intelligent management
Maipu Cloud Computing Data Center Solution
Based on the above analysis, Maipu puts forward E-SDN (Enterprise-Software Defined Network) solution.
The idea of the solution uses the idea of SDN, and realizes the construction and management of cloud computing data center in the new technology field represented by SDN through Maipu integrated network management iCenter; realizes the compatible unified management of existing network, such as traditional data center and traditional campus network through TR069. It realizes the business integration of the new business network and the traditional network for the first time. Through iCenter, the business management layer and the data forwarding layer are separated for the first time.
Maipu switches fully support switch virtualization, Vxlan, SDN and other technologies to build the Overlay network, provide the large-capacity Mac address table and ARP items, and solve the planning overlapping of local addresses and other problems, reducing the dependence of virtual machine migration on the network. It gives full play to the advantages of the network virtualization technology.
Values of Maipu Cloud Computing Data Center
1. High scalability and network resource utilization: With the centralized management for the forwarding table, iCenter can control the size and direction of the traffic in the network links in real time, and then, realize the virtualization management for network bandwidth resources and network functional components. The network expansion is no longer dependent on the network architecture, the scalability and resource utilization of the network are greatly improved, and the network design is simpler.
2. Support the migration and unified operation and maintenance of the virtual machine: iCenter can control the flow direction in the network, so the virtual machine migration is only to modify the forwarding table items sent to the switch, which is easy to implement.
3. Support multiple services and multiple Tenants: SDN implements network resource virtualization and traffic programmable, so you can flexibly build multiple independent service bearing networks on fixed physical networks.
4. Break through the boundary restrictions of the L2 network: With the Vxlan technology, theoretically, where the L3 of the Underlay network can reach, where the L2 network can reach. And longer VNI tags can provide up to 16M VXLAN segment, far exceeding the 4K limit of the VLAN.
5. Operation and maintenance is more simple and flexible: With more visualization methods, enhance the transparency of the network. And in the SDN deployment mode, the configuration is concentrated in iCenter, and the network design and operation and maintenance are more convenient. The STP problem in traditional VLAN network is effectively avoided by broadcast-to-unicast in Vxlan network, delivering MAC items on demand, and other methods, reducing the difficulty of operation and maintenance.